The Short Version:
Award winning author, Beth Barany writes in several genres including young adult adventure fantasy and fantasy romance. Inspired by living abroad in France and Quebec, she loves creating magical tales of romance and adventure to empower women and girls to jump into life with both feet and be the heroes in their own lives.
In her off hours, Beth enjoys walking her neighborhood, gardening on her patio, and watching movies and traveling with her husband, author Ezra Barany. They live in Oakland, California with their cat named Leo, a piano, and over 1,000 books.
When not writing or playing, Beth runs her own company helping novelists as a book midwife, coach, and teacher to help them write, market, and publish their books. More resources here: http://author.bethbarany.com/bio-beth-barany/resources-for-authors/.
Personal Note from Beth
Check out me waxing enthusiastic about Henrietta The Dragon Slayer on video.
Fun Facts about Beth:
- When she was a child, Beth wanted to be a spy, a detective, a broadcast journalist, a model, an actress, and an adventurer.
- She also wanted to be magic, go to outer space, travel to every continent, and learn lots of languages.
- Today some of her dreams have come true.
- She speaks fluent French and has lived in Paris, France twice, and in Quebec, Canada, once. She also can say Thank you in over 15 languages. Merci!
- So far she’s had adventures in three continents: North America, Europe and Africa.
- While she hasn’t gone to outer space yet, she’s been working on a story set there.
- Her stories always have some kind of magic.
- She likes taking pictures of flowers, buildings, her family, shadows, her cats, and other important miscellanea.
- Her very favorite book is always the one she’s writing.
- She’s run 4 sprint triathlons (swim, bike, run) and finished each one.
- She has earned 2 belts, so far, in capoeira.
- Beth grew up in Sonoma and day dreams about retiring there one day and running a llama farm.
- Her favorite city is Paris, France.
- She loves listening to all kinds of music: Celtic, rock, classical, whatever is fun to dance to.
- Some of her favorite bands/singers are: Sting, Evanescence, Florence & the Machine.
- Beth likes to read books for kids and adults, mostly fantasy and science fiction, plus paranormal romance, and mysteries and thrillers, too.
- Beth writes YA fantasy to empower teens girls to be the heroes of their own lives.
- For her day job, Beth helps other novelists write, publish, and market their books as a creativity coach.
- Her husband has written lots of mushy love songs about her.
- Her husband is awesome and is a bestselling author.
- Ezra, her husband, says Hi.
Media Appearances & Talks
Beth Barany is available for school visits, interviews, and talks. Please contact her to set up an appearance.